Monday, August 12, 2013

Death


death


Not many know my life, my story or yet how I've become who I am today.  However I don't think many people understand the impact of losing the closest person to you at a such a vunerable age.  In my case my mom. To others it can be anyone.  But I lost my mom almost 13 years ago and yeah we can all sit back and say its time to move on.  However especially for a female who whose mother was her best friend and confident its impossible.  So we missed the big college graduation celebration together,  missed the years of awkward 20's  where there was no one there to tell me the straightforward truth, missed the baby shower, the birth, meeting the the grandchild, turning 30 a big party and so on.... everyday I'm reminded that I will never have had that.  I was robbed of that experience.  You are not me you are not the person sitting at a table at a restaurant awkwardly yet tearing at the eye watching a mother and daughter sit across the table from each other having that experience and wondering how it would be to be able to pick up the phone and phone in for advice about life experiences getting to experience the aggitation of having a mom drive me nuts but know they will be there to pick up the pieces hence it be a job loss, a heartbreak, a friendship gone sour or simply a bad day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment